Looking to escape rainy weather back home? Spring is a great time to hit up Tucson for a quick golf getaway. Wait a few more weeks and you’ll be competing with the heat. Tucson is a great golf destination from mid-fall through mid-spring. Full of both great public and private options, Tucson is the ultimate desert golfer’s paradise! Whether you’re a local or you’re looking to rent clubs in Tucson on vacation we’ve got a few of our top rated golf destinations you’ll want to check out while there.
- Omni Tucson National Resort: (520) 297-2271 This grand resort offers amazingly diverse golf courses along with all the resort amenities. The Catalina Course is a historic, parkland-style course with tons of shady, mature trees and ponds (great in the summer!). Then the Sonoran Course is opposite with rolling landscape and desert landscapes for a more showy, target-style golf experience.
- Ventana Canyon: (520) 299-2020 - At Ventana Canyon you can play either private or public courses and get the scenic views everywhere you go. You can see some killer views of the Sonoran Desert and plenty of drama from the Mountain Course.
- Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain: (520) 572-3000 - This 27 hole course was built to tour standards and is ideal for pros and experienced golfers. However, amateur golfers will enjoy the course as well. While this course comes with the Ritz-Carlton full experience including price and standards of excellence, their Heritage Highlands partnership allows a more affordable golfing experience nearby!
- La Paloma Country Club: (520) 299-1500 - La Paloma is a private, Troon Golf-managed course that is available to guests at the Westin La Paloma Resort and other members. Recent renovations have made the course more complex and dramatic through the desert foothills. This is a great course for all golfers!
- Golf Club at Vistoso: (520) 797-9900 - Largely known as one of the top courses in Tucson, this course costs dramatic and generous fairways. Vistoso is also known as one of the most scenic courses in the city where you can get great mountain views and see plenty of desert wildlife.
Tucson is the ideal golf destination for those who love dramatic desert views. It’s a truly scenic location for some serious golfing!